Some of the content for Thrive by Morgan Stanley at Work 2021 will be provided by third parties not affiliated with Morgan Stanley Smith Barney LLC (“Morgan Stanley”) or E*TRADE Financial Corporate Services, Inc. No information contained therein has been endorsed or approved by E*TRADE or Morgan Stanley, and E*TRADE and Morgan Stanley are not responsible for the content.
The E*TRADE Financial family of companies provides financial services that include trading, investing, banking, and managing employee stock plans.
Employee stock plan solutions are part of the Morgan Stanley at Work solutions and are offered by E*TRADE Financial Corporate Services, Inc.
Securities products and services are offered by E*TRADE Securities LLC, Member SIPC.
Investments and services are offered by Morgan Stanley Smith Barney LLC. Member SIPC.
In connection with stock plan solutions offered by E*TRADE Financial Corporate Services, Inc., E*TRADE Securities LLC provides brokerage services to stock plan participants.
E*TRADE Financial Corporate Services, Inc. and E*TRADE Securities LLC are separate but affiliated subsidiaries of E*TRADE Financial Holdings, LLC, a business of Morgan Stanley.
The laws, regulations, and rulings addressed by the products, services, and publications offered by E*TRADE Financial Corporate Services, Inc. and its affiliates are subject to various interpretations and frequent change. E*TRADE Financial Corporate Services, Inc. and its affiliates do not warrant these products, services, and publications against different interpretations or subsequent changes of laws, regulations, and rulings. E*TRADE Financial Corporate Services, Inc. and its affiliates do not provide legal, accounting, or tax advice. Always consult your own legal, accounting, and tax advisors.
Morgan Stanley at Work, Shareworks by Morgan Stanley, Morgan Stanley Smith Barney LLC, and its affiliates, employees and Financial Advisors do not provide legal or tax advice. Individuals should consult with their tax/legal advisors before making any tax/legal-related investment decisions. Shareworks by Morgan Stanley services are provided by Morgan Stanley Smith Barney LLC, member SIPC, and its affiliates, all wholly owned subsidiaries of Morgan Stanley. Individuals executing a 10b5-1 trading plan should keep the following important considerations in mind:
(1) 10b5-1 trading plans should be approved by the compliance officer or general counsel of the individual’s company.
(2) A 10b5-1 trading plan may require a cessation of trading activities at times when lockups may be necessary to the company (i.e., secondary offerings, pooling transactions, etc.).
(3) A 10b5-1 trading plan does not generally alter the restricted stock or other regulatory requirements (e.g., Rule 144, Section 16, Section 13) that may otherwise be applicable.
(4) 10b5-1 trading plans that are modified or terminated early may weaken or cause the individual to lose the benefit of the affirmative defense.
(5) Public disclosure of 10b5-1 trading plans (e.g., via press release) may be appropriate for some individuals.
(6) Most companies will permit 10b5-1 trading plans to be entered into only during open window periods.
(7) Morgan Stanley, as well as some issuers, imposes a mandatory waiting period between the execution of a 10b5-1 trading plan and the first sale pursuant to the plan.
Shareworks, Shareworks Global Intelligence and all product marks and logos are trademarks of Shareworks. THIS INFORMATION IS FOR INFORMATIONAL PURPOSES ONLY AND DOES NOT CONSTITUTE LEGAL OR TAX ADVICE. You should always consult with and rely on your own legal and/or tax advisor(s) as Shareworks does not provide legal or tax advice and the information is not tailored to the specific situations of your company or your employees. The information is sourced from third parties, may not be current and is subject to change without notice. Shareworks makes no representations or warranties concerning the accuracy, completeness or timeliness of the information and is not implying an affiliation, sponsorship or endorsement with/of any third parties or views expressed by such parties. Any views expressed in the information are solely those of the third-party source. Shareworks shall have no liability arising out of, or in connection with, the information, including any loss caused by use of, or reliance on, the information. All information made available by Shareworks is subject to the terms of the written agreement entered into between Shareworks and your company.
© 2021 Morgan Stanley Smith Barney LLC. Member SIPC.
CRC 3667981 (07/21); CRC 3678802 (08/21); CRC 3779667 (9/21)